Monday, February 18, 2008

Review

I haven't written an article for a school paper since around this time last year. I'm signed to do an album review for Nortt's "Galgenfrist" which is something I can do, but for some reason I don't know how to start it. I guess the desire to not be amateur and just be like "Nortt's great!!!1 Check him out!!!lolxz" is stress. I'm thinking about just jumping into it, but probably I will write the body of the review before any witty Macalester intro. Fantastic album though. Peep the link a few posts down.

I miss Philadelphia. I got into a big, friendly argument with some of my Midwestern friends this afternoon about how all I ever talk about is Philly, and how I'm demeaning to every other city or region whose residents could potentially have some pride. And the thing is, I'm like, what? So what? Fuck it. I love Philly and I don't give a fuck where you're from. On that same note, why in the name of god did I ever decide to come to school in motherfucking Minnesota? Minnefuckingsota? I mean, the school is fine but this place is just fucking awful. I would've survived in New York. I should've just gone to American. Maybe I'll transfer. Who knows.

I've also been thinking about tattoos recently. I definitely want some. The two big ideas I've had for a while are something related to Philadelphia and something related to Judaism (yeah hold the Biblical commentary.) My first idea for the Philly tat was the skyline, but skylines are subject to change and in twenty years it would suck if the real skyline didn't match my tattoo one. So my next thought is to just get the name "PHILADELPHIA" tattooed around my lower calf, or across my lower abdomen. As for Judaism, the thought was to get the Star of David and maybe a word in Hebrew, right across the heart. I don't have the pride burst necessary to get that one though. Maybe I'll get it done in Israel. That shit would be fucking dopechain. If anybody has ideas for either of those, let me know. Other tattoo ideas: Sigil of Baphomet, something Moby Dick related, etc.

Also dope: Kano.

Cop it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

how can anyone get into a "friendly" argument about philly?